Thursday 2 May 2013

DAY 9


DAY 9   Monday 8th April, 2013

After a good overnight flight from Accra I arrive in Rome at 6am.  It’s Italian coffee for breakfast and time to write up my journal.  Unfortunately, it’s a long stop over.  At 1.30pm I board my flight to London.  I can’t wait to see my family and dream of a long hot bath and a well earned ice cold G&T when I get home!
 

A few days later.....
 
This trip has been an amazing experience - a real sense of team combined with a common goal to help raise funds for AfriKids.  It's hard to sum up how I feel about the whole challenge or summarise AfriKids work on the ground and how their holistic approach and sustainable projects are truly turning communities around.  What springs to mind is the proverb... 

 “Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.”
 Chinese Proverb
 
 
Headteacher Samuel with AfriKids Beneficiaries at Lorge JHS
  

If you have enjoyed the blog and would like to support AfriKids, please go to 
 
 
Thank you

Click here to find out more about the AfriKids Experience Challenge

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment